Wednesday, February 4, 2009

IMPRESS YOURSELF

Kyle's gonna give me shit for this one, but whatevzzzzz. I would not have had access to a band like Braid back then. A band that broke up in 1999? Jesus, I was only 14. I don't even think I knew what "emo" was and if I did, it was as distorted as the rest of the world's view on it. In eighth grade, I think I was probably still listening to Green Day and Weird Al and shit.

I was going to go through this whole progression of my musical tastes, but that's a pretty lame thing to do. And boring. Especially because all I really wanted to say is that, a decade broken up or not, Braid is a good band. A good band that I just discovered a few months ago. Sorry to the original emo fans. I am sucking your pitiful souls dry.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

I only talk shit when you say things like "DUDE HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE THIS!?"

I do like it, but to me, it's like saying that Nothing Gold Can Stay is the most amathing album ever or something. Braid just doesn't have that lasting value to me like a lot of punk bands do. And I didn't get into that shit when I was 14 either. I was still chugging Faygo and getting down with the clown at that point, so I'm definitely not trying to be an OG elitist or anything.

Point being: Stop listening to shitty music like Nirvana and Animal Collective and get into better bands so that you can go see them when they're popular and not bitch about never getting to see them when they're still fun to see live. Just sayin'

king cobra said...

hold steady bloomingont spring

Kyle said...

me chicago may