Sunday, July 12, 2009

Boys and girls in america

I finished Breakfast of Champions. I need something new to read. One time I tried to read Satanic Verses and I couldn't get into it and now I'm afraid to try Rushdie again. Besides, he's no American and I want to read something SUPERAMERICAN. Like Huck Finn. I may just read that because it's been a long time since high school. I would consider Mark Twain a good American. I want to read something that is like a mash-up of all the shit I liked in other books I've read. I think that would make a pretty good book.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is a pretty badass movie. Clint Eastwood was cooler when he wasn't an old asshole. "Blondie" is a good moniker for someone who isn't that blond but is closer to blond than a bunch of Mexicans. I think most of the actors in that movie are Italian or some kind of white people. I just watched Fistul of Dollars and it's nowhere near as epic as The Good...

I need to post my vacation pictures. I'll do that soon. I would just like some ideas of shit to read.

K, thx.

2 comments:

king cobra said...

panama - thomas mcguane. i think anna was reading it. so good.

also the grass harp by capote. it's really short, but a good summertime piece.

Kyle said...

Cormac McCarthy - Blood Meridian is the book that Ben Nichols wrote his solo album about. I don't know shit about books though, man.