Tuesday, August 18, 2009

If you're gonna do a nose wheelie, fuckin' do a nose wheelie, bro!

Knocked two more off the summer reading list: Crack Up At the Race Riots and Bright Lights, Big City. Race Riots read pretty much like the screenplay for Gummo would. Not much more than a collection of sentences. Some were funny. Bright Lights was written by Jay McInerney, a supposed member of the "literary Brat Pack". Ellis, Tama Janowitz, and McInerney amongst others comprised this group and had little in common other than they were young, hip people writing about young, hip people. Bright Lights is if Less Than Zero were written in second person and Clay were a likable character. Or at least had any feelings. Whatevz, now I'm reading some Raymond Carver short stories. moving onnnnnn from snoozeville...

here's a cool guy I found:

I guess I'll do another day of tour de Californie. This one is short but I'll be back next time with LA.

My aunt took the day off and we spent the afternoon in Laguna visiting all the stupid little shops and watching teens head towards the beach to... well, surf or maybe get high or lay out and tan their hides or whatever it is kids do there.

This is a way cool license plate on a way cool and affordable Infiniti SUV. sike! You'd be amazed how few old vehicles exist in a town like Laguna. Everything on the road is post '08.

Speaking of cars, here's our whip during our stay. Nissan Shitter complete with missing wheel cover. Peep the next picture for evidence. When the rental car lady was showing me this car, she said "Are you sure you don't want something a little nicer? Maybe a convertible or something?" I proceeded to tell her how I have hundreds of millions of dollars in assets but I like to keep a low profile, nawmean?

kewl, thanks Enterprise!

This is probably Young Weezy or some shit.

This is my brother. Getting fresh for the art fair.

There is a summer long arts and crafts fair in the Laguna area. This is where we spent the evening, looking at old burnouts' endless beach paintings, crappy housewives' stupid jewlery and tons of discerning people walking around with wine making stupid comments. etc etc etc. Oh, and this band that played covers of 60s and 70s rock songs, complete with the tiniest baby man with a flame shirt and shredding so hard.

Gus #1

Gus #2

This guy made these weird replicas of old masters work with built up fabric and paint. It was kind of cool but his artist's statement was so dumb. Also, I touched this and a chunk fell off.

I think that's all I've got. The kids move back tomorrow. I hate move-in week so much. Fuck it. If nothing else, I'll get to see some underager get busted.

Umm, alright. L8.

5 comments:

king cobra said...

anna said she'll give fifty bucks for any freshman our any of us blaze

Kyle said...

"anna said she'll give fifty bucks for any freshman our any of us blaze"

wut?

MF DUMB said...

my thoughts exactly.

the captcha for this is goatie.

king cobra said...

pwnage. well played.

Kyle said...

Dude here is a link to the new Banner Pilot on FAT WRECKKKK
http://www.mediafire.com/?gxzzfleiigg

I tried texting you but I think your phone is MIA... they're playing a cd release Sep. 5th a few blocks from my apartment. You should try and come up!

The captcha for this is slydr. WIN!